|You are here: Home > Health > Calling a Pharmacy in Mexico|
If you wish, you can use the telephone numbers listed below (Farmacia El Fenix in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico) in order to inquire about price and availability of prescription drugs in Mexico. Please read the following provisions before you call, in order to minimize frustration and possible mistakes in communication:
1. Read Buying Prescription Drugs In Mexico, Part I http://www.peoplesguide.com/mexico/health/Buying_part1.shtml and Buying Prescription Drugs In Mexico, Part II http://www.peoplesguide.com/mexico/health/buying_mailing_part2.shtml
2. It is avisable to call on Friday, between the hours of noon and four PM Pacific Time. Otherwise you may not find someone who speaks English
3. It is strongly recommended that you avail yourself of a FAX machine so that you can print the name and formula name of your medicine plus the doseage strength and fax it to the farmacia for their review.
4. The farmacia can quote prices in U.S. dollars
5. The farmacia refuses to quote prices or availabilty of controlled drugs (medicinas controladas). Refer to Article I for details http://www.peoplesguide.com/mexico/health/Buying_part1.shtml
6. Be patient with the sales person. Like all huge retail pharmacies in Mexico this place is really busy.
Here is the telephone number to dial direct from the USA
FARMACIA EL FENIX: 011-52-6178-13-00
This is their dedicated FAX line number: 011-52-6178=13-20
I have provided these numbers for your convenience. Neither I nor The Peoples Guide to Mexico have any connection to Farmacia El Fenix
But please, before you do anything else....
CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO USE MEXICAN PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS.
You also might want to read more about the Farmacias International http://www.peoplesguide.com/1pages/chapts/health/buymed/tj-pharmacy.html or check out their website http://www.farmint.com/
Latest articles in Health
| Carl's Notebook
| Best of Mexico
| Books & Maps
| Travel Center
| Copper Canyon |