Published: July 07
There has been a breakthrough product for Mexico travel, the Mexico GPS Atlas. This product is the most complete and functional (please note that we are not saying "perfect") GPS map for Mexico (Garmin compatible). The following link will take you to the Mexico Maps' website. Then click on the map for detail: :http://www.mexicomaps.com/mexico_gps.lasso?itemid=3351&-session=mmid:4766AB0811b3b2124EJtY40E9E3B
This GPS Atlas includes street level mapping for 44 cities in Mexico (including San Miguel de Allende and Puerto Vallarta).
* Highways updated to 2007
* Street detail for over 44 cities - see complete list below
* Auto routing and navigation features in highways, strees, unpaved roads, double and single tracks
* More than 280,000 towns and rural locations.
* Extensive, over 45,000 points of interest database including geographical features such as beaches, mountains, lakes, dams, rivers and so forth. Also, urban points of interest such as hospitals, government buildings, shopping centers and more.
* Over 1500 gas stations along th Mexican Highways network.
* International and state boundaries, lakes, rivers, national parks.
* Contours at 50 meter (164 Ft) for the Baja Peninsula and 100 meter (328 Ft) interval for the remainder of the country.
Baja California-Mexicali, Tijuana, Tecate, Rosarito, San Felipe, Ensenada
Baja California Sur-Constitución, San José del Cabo, Cabo San Lucas, La Paz
Distrito Federal-Ciudad de México
Durango-Cd. Lerdo, Gomez Palacios
Guanajuato-Guanajuato, León, San Miguel de Allende
Jalisco-Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta
México-Atizapán, Tlalnepantla, Naucalpan, Huixquilican, Ecatepec,
Nezahualcoyotl, Cuautitlán, Cuautitlan Izcalli, Tultitlan, Coacalco,
Toluca, Valle de Bravo
Puebla-Puebla, San Andrés Cholula, San Pedro Cholula,
Quintana Roo-Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Chetumal
San Luis Potosí-San Luis Potosí
Sonora-Hermosillo, Puerto Peñasco
(it is a 180 Mb download).
The full product retails for $190.
Regards, Mark Walker